Search

Books Download Rooftops of Tehran Free

Itemize Books Toward Rooftops of Tehran

Original Title: Rooftops of Tehran
ISBN: 045122681X (ISBN13: 9780451226815)
Edition Language: English URL http://www.rooftopsoftehran.com/
Characters: Pasha Shahed, Zari, Ahmed, Faheemeh
Books Download Rooftops of Tehran  Free
Rooftops of Tehran Paperback | Pages: 348 pages
Rating: 4.05 | 6837 Users | 902 Reviews

Point Regarding Books Rooftops of Tehran

Title:Rooftops of Tehran
Author:Mahbod Seraji
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 348 pages
Published:2009 by NAL
Categories:Historical. Historical Fiction. Fiction. Cultural. Iran. Romance

Ilustration Supposing Books Rooftops of Tehran

From "a striking new talent"(Sandra Dallas, author of Tallgrass) comes an unforgettable debut novel of young love and coming of age in an Iran headed toward revolution. In this poignant, eye-opening and emotionally vivid novel, Mahbod Seraji lays bare the beauty and brutality of the centuries-old Persian culture, while reaffirming the human experiences we all share. In a middle-class neighborhood of Iran's sprawling capital city, 17-year-old Pasha Shahed spends the summer of 1973 on his rooftop with his best friend Ahmed, joking around one minute and asking burning questions about life the next. He also hides a secret love for his beautiful neighbor Zari, who has been betrothed since birth to another man. But the bliss of Pasha and Zari's stolen time together is shattered when Pasha unwittingly acts as a beacon for the Shah's secret police. The violent consequences awaken him to the reality of living under a powerful despot, and lead Zari to make a shocking choice...


Rating Regarding Books Rooftops of Tehran
Ratings: 4.05 From 6837 Users | 902 Reviews

Piece Regarding Books Rooftops of Tehran
Rooftops of Tehran started out to be promising and tragic, but ended flat and disappointing. I loved the beginning of the book and immediately felt immersed in Iranian life. I feel like the characteristics of each character were exaggerated to an extreme degree, but it worked for this book. I've also never come across a novel that deals with the oppression and fear of pre-revolution Iran during the Shah's reign (as opposed to the many that talk about post-revolution Iran and Khomeini). It was

This is such a lovely, lovely book. I fell in love with the story and the characters. It was far beyond what I could have imagined on any coming of age story to be. It had me on the edge of my chair alternately sobbing and then cheering for the characters. I have to call them characters to remind myself that this book is fiction. The story begins in Iran in 1973 when the Shah is in power and his subjects are tightly overseen by his secret police. Life continues as in many countries as long as

Read for Iran. Country 23 #aroundtheworldin80booksCute Story in terrible Times. The ending was a bit too obvious, but it was still cute.

Rooftops of Tehran is so many things: semi-autobiographical, a beautifully done coming of age story, a portrait of a specific time and place (Tehran 1973-74). It's peopled with wonderful characters, the kind who stay with you after you've finished the book, who pop into your head for a visit like old friends. It's also one of the best portraits of teenage life I've ever read. The way Seraji evokes Tehran and the Persian culture, the smells and tastes, sights and sounds is so powerful that I felt

~ Full review ~ (EDIT : Translated Books List's link) 3.5 stars . When I first realized that Rooftops of Tehran was very much a romance and not the political novel I thought it would be, I was surprised - but curious. The truth is, I've never read a romance novel set in Iran. Ever. More than that, as a French woman, the only things I do know about Iran - and it's not much - are painted in a negative light. And I'm gonna say it : That shit is dangerous. Thinking in the lines of Bad Countries™

I'm not sure why this book has received so many good reviews. The first part of the book held my interest fairly well, but about halfway through I just couldn't wait to get done, and actually skimmed much of the last 75 or so pages. It was ok I guess, but there was far too little about Iran and the historical situation at the time, and far too much irrelevant narration. For example, at one point, the narrator spends several pages describing how his aunt and uncle don't get along (but really do)

Read for English 10Here's the thing: I fucking hated this thing, but I don't have much to say about it. And that's precisely why I didn't like it at all- it is so unremarkable and boring. It's not worth reading and it's not even worth the energy it takes to rant about it. All I will say is that I could not stand this book. It was so boring, and the only reason I finished it was because I was required to for school. Fuck this fucking book, I'm never reading it again. And I do not recommend it at

Post a Comment

0 Comments