Search

Download Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter Free Audio Books

Present Books To Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter

Original Title: La tía Julia y el escribidor
ISBN: 0140248927 (ISBN13: 9780140248920)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Pedro Camacho, Mario, Julia, Javier
Setting: Lima(Peru) Peru (Perú)(Peru)
Literary Awards: Prix du Meilleur Livre Étranger for Roman (1980)
Download Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter  Free Audio Books
Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter Paperback | Pages: 374 pages
Rating: 3.92 | 15338 Users | 974 Reviews

Describe About Books Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter

Title:Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter
Author:Mario Vargas Llosa
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 374 pages
Published:October 1st 1995 by Penguin Books (first published 1977)
Categories:Fiction. Cultural. Latin American. Nobel Prize. European Literature. Spanish Literature

Relation Toward Books Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter

Mario Vargas Llosa's brilliant, multilayered novel is set in the Lima of the author's youth, where a young student named Marito is toiling away in the news department of a local radio station. His young life is disrupted by two arrivals. The first is his aunt Julia, recently divorced and thirteen years older, with whom he begins a secret affair. The second is a manic radio scriptwriter named Pedro Camacho, whose racy, vituperative soap operas are holding the city's listeners in thrall. Pedro chooses young Marito to be his confidant as he slowly goes insane. Interweaving the story of Marito's life with the ever-more-fevered tales of Pedro Camacho, Vargas Llosa's novel is masterfully done, hilarious, mischievous, a classic named one of the best books of the year by the New York Times Book Review.

Rating About Books Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter
Ratings: 3.92 From 15338 Users | 974 Reviews

Discuss About Books Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter
I consider my experience with this book a love affair gone horribly wrong. Once again I'm harshly reminded of the dangers of praising a book before I've finished it. What began as an amazing wonder promising to be a masterpiece, hitting a still patch towards the half-way mark and quickening its pace towards the end, died an awful death in Chapter 20, a hateful, misogynistic, self-absorbed, malicious end that made me regret all the time I'd spent with Llosa, all the times I'd raved about him, all

[9/10] In those long ago days, I was very young and lived with my grandparents in a villa with white walls in the Calle Ocharan, in Miraflores. I was studying at the University of San Marcos, law, as I remember, resigned to earning myself a living later on by practicing a liberal profession, although deep down what I really wanted was to become a writer someday. Blurring the line between autobiography and fiction, challenging distinctions between highbrow and lowbrow art, this highly

I am so happy I am fluent in Spanish and was able to read this book in Llosa's native tongue (as I do with all his books). I know this book is not as deep as "La Conversación en la Catedral", but it is still amazing. I laughed out loud many times, and reading the frantic ramblings of Pedro Camacho towards the end of the book made me tear up from laughter. This book gives us a glimpse into Llosa's youth; even though the book is not entirely autobiographical (for that, read "El pez en el agua), I

This was my first work by the award winning Mario Vargas Llosa but I hope it won't be my last. What a fantastic novel! It reminded me of other Latin American authors I read, but at the same time it feels quite unique. This novel is quite focused on a love story ( quite an original love story, I might add) but it still paints a good picture of what growing up in this particular place and time must have felt like. In fact, this novel is quite autobiographical. Llosa writes with ease, in a very

So I finally get to start my 2017 Latin American Magical Realism challenge and I picked up this one first only to learn that it's not Magical Realism. Oh well, at least it was fun :)This book alternates chapters between Mario and Julia's love story and the stories told by a scriptwriter for radio serials. The love story is very sweet instead of steamy, which I appreciated. To clarify, his "Aunt" Julia was actually his uncle's wife's sister, which we in the U.S. at least would not even call an

The modern novel is a conglomeration of different literary techniques & styles, true. But which ones to use? must be The preliminary question of every writer before he begins his novel. MVL has decided, in this one, to split himself in two: the separate entities living inside the man are Marito/Varguitas, the ingenue romantic, who experiences a rich life, full of romance, adventures & comical characters, and Pedro Camacho, the ugly dwarf only producing and producing serial dramas with a

Also during my Beijing trip, I was able to read and finish 2010 Nobel Prize for Literature winner Mario Vargas Llosas Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter. I am familiar with other writers from South America, but this is my first venture into Llosas universe (the book was a gift from a good friend of mine). It is not a long book, but it is full of insight, humor, and self-derision. [Apparently, it was also the subject of a Keanu movie from 1990 called Tune in Tomorrow anyone see this one? mixed

Post a Comment

0 Comments