Search

Free City of Stairs (The Divine Cities #1) Download Books

List Epithetical Books City of Stairs (The Divine Cities #1)

Title:City of Stairs (The Divine Cities #1)
Author:Robert Jackson Bennett
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 452 pages
Published:September 9th 2014 by Broadway Books
Categories:Fantasy. Fiction. Mystery. Urban Fantasy. Science Fiction. Adult. High Fantasy
Free City of Stairs (The Divine Cities #1) Download Books
City of Stairs (The Divine Cities #1) Paperback | Pages: 452 pages
Rating: 4.11 | 24801 Users | 3011 Reviews

Representaion Supposing Books City of Stairs (The Divine Cities #1)

The city of Bulikov once wielded the powers of the gods to conquer the world, enslaving and brutalizing millions — until its divine protectors were killed. Now, Bulikov’s history has been censored and erased, its citizens subjugated. But the surreal landscape of the city itself, forever altered by the thousands of miracles its guardians once worked upon it, stands as a haunting reminder of its former supremacy. Into this broken city steps Shara Thivani. Officially, the unassuming young woman is just another junior diplomat sent by Bulikov’s oppressors. Unofficially, she is one of her country’s most accomplished spies, dispatched — along with her terrifying “secretary”, Sigrud — to solve a murder. But as Shara pursues the killer, she starts to suspect that the beings who ruled this terrible place may not be as dead as they seem, and that Bulikov’s cruel reign may not yet be over. A tale of vast conspiracies, dead gods, and buried histories, City of Stairs is at once a gripping spy novel and a stunningly original work of fantasy.

Identify Books Conducive To City of Stairs (The Divine Cities #1)

Original Title: City of Stairs
ISBN: 080413717X (ISBN13: 9780804137171)
Edition Language: English URL http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/228171
Series: The Divine Cities #1
Literary Awards: Locus Award Nominee for Best Fantasy Novel (2015), World Fantasy Award Nominee for Best Novel (2015), British Fantasy Award Nominee for Robert Holdstock Award (best fantasy novel) (2015), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Fantasy (2014)

Rating Epithetical Books City of Stairs (The Divine Cities #1)
Ratings: 4.11 From 24801 Users | 3011 Reviews

Weigh Up Epithetical Books City of Stairs (The Divine Cities #1)
"Any miracle, no matter how subtle, always feels tremendously unsettling." And what is a good book if not a miracle of a prime quality? City of Stairs proves this theory. It is one of those books you need to digest before writing a review that will not consist of banalities. And one of those that have you inwardly screaming for more the moment you finish the last sentence. The world is less about tsarist Russia meeting the opulence of an Indian continent (although it undeniably is quite a

There are two things I mostly avoid in my fantasy where possible. Religion & politics. I can usually stomach them in small quantities but when they play major parts of the story I lose interest. Some people may enjoy fantasy-lite, but I am not one of them. I have read and enjoyed some fantasy books of the light version, but these were few and far in between. Give me LOADS of fantasy and small pinches of religion and politics and I am a happy guy.That said, I must have added and removed

Read this.I almost didn't, wary of the disappointment an over- hyped book can bring. But once I started, it was very hard to put down (sorry, fellow jurors, for ignoring your social overtures during our breaks). Picked as a monthly read, I started right before being called for federal jury trial. At first, I was glad of the opportunity to get in some reading time--nothing better than sitting around reading as the gears of bureaucracy grind away--but imagine my dismay when I was picked. Suddenly

I absolutely, 100% loved this. So much. I was starting to think that maybe I didn't love fantasy quite as much as I thought any more, but this year is turning out great. Maybe I was just looking in the wrong directions. Both Robert Jackson Bennet and N K Jemisin have written brilliant books that keep me glued to the page while at the same time challenging me to re-think some of my assumptions on what fantasy can do as a genre.Set in a world formerly ruled by Divinities and their whims, Bulikov

4.5 stars.Sometimes you wonder why you keep delaying a series that you have been meaning to read, and when you've finally read it, you want to smack yourself hard for waiting so long to do so. Divine Cities falls right into this category of "Why in the world did it take me so long to read this? It is so good!" Arising from my plans this year to read more completed trilogies, I have been blessed with some astoundingly good reads thus far, and City of Stairs is one of them. How do I even begin to

Re-Read cuz Sarah said so. It was even better the second time around 4.5 StarsOriginal ReviewI should have hated this story. It shouldnt have worked for me at all for a few reasons. - There is no love story. Well that isnt specifically true. There is a story that involves two people who were a couple in the past but really that is it. In the present tense of the story there isnt any romantic hopefuls. I love having someone in by books to ship even if nothing comes from it for books and books. -

A blend of urban fantasy, intelligence services, espionage with various gods thrown into the action. The book was definitely a slow burn getting better and better as it went along. The last 75 pages were great. This is setup well for the next two books in the series which I shall be reading.

Post a Comment

0 Comments