Search

Download Books Online Love and Other Impossible Pursuits

Download Books Online Love and Other Impossible Pursuits
Love and Other Impossible Pursuits Audio CD | Pages: 100 pages
Rating: 3.64 | 3621 Users | 519 Reviews

Specify Books To Love and Other Impossible Pursuits

Original Title: Love and Other Impossible Pursuits
ISBN: 1415927464 (ISBN13: 9781415927465)

Description Toward Books Love and Other Impossible Pursuits

In this moving, wry, and candid novel, widely acclaimed novelist Ayelet Waldman takes us through one woman's passage through love, loss, and the strange absurdities of modern life. Emilia Greenleaf believed that she had found her soulmate, the man she was meant to spend her life with. But life seems a lot less rosy when Emilia has to deal with the most neurotic and sheltered five-year-old in New York City: her new stepson William. Now Emilia finds herself trying to flag down taxis with a giant, industrial-strength car seat, looking for perfect, strawberry-flavored, lactose-free cupcakes, receiving corrections on her French pronunciation from her supercilious stepson - and attempting to find balance in a new family that's both larger, and smaller, than she bargained for. In "Love and Other Impossible Pursuits" Ayelet Waldman has created a novel rich with humor and truth, perfectly characterizing one woman's search for answers in a crazily uncertain world. "From the Trade Paperback edition."

Define Appertaining To Books Love and Other Impossible Pursuits

Title:Love and Other Impossible Pursuits
Author:Ayelet Waldman
Book Format:Audio CD
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 100 pages
Published:January 24th 2006 by Books on Tape (first published January 1st 2006)
Categories:Fiction. Womens Fiction. Chick Lit. Contemporary. New York. Novels

Rating Appertaining To Books Love and Other Impossible Pursuits
Ratings: 3.64 From 3621 Users | 519 Reviews

Weigh Up Appertaining To Books Love and Other Impossible Pursuits
I haven't read any of Waldman's MommyTrack series so this author was new to me. I was impressed. As Emelia suffers through the devastating loss of her child, Walman had me right there with her. She avoids playgrounds and can barely stand to be around her step-son, William. Normally, I don't like books about affairs and am on the side of the ex-wife, but, despite Emilia's flaws, I wanted to read about her. Reading about Central Park and about the way her relationship with William developed was

One of the most beautifully written books I've read so far.

This book took me WAY by surprise. It sounded great on the cover, bought it on a whim on the bargain bookshelf, and picked it up on a day when I couldn't stomach even one more minute of pharmacy talk.The beginning was slow, and I didn't even think I was going to get to the middle - as much as I loathe doing it, I thought it was going to have to be one of those books I just don't ever finish. And then...something happened. Nothing concrete. No huge plot twists or dramas. But I connected with the

Seemed kind of condescending.

At first I hated this book; actually I hated it for about four-fifths of the book. I couldn't stand the main character Emilia, I didn't even feel much sympathy for her loss which normally I would be heartbroken by. And I didn't appreciate her digs against Orthodox Judaism, even her epiphany at the end had to do with laying waste to the Jewish concept of bashert. No Orthodox individual would endorse infidelity and breaking up a marriage because you think someone is your bashert. At the end Emilia

I go back and forth a lot with this one. Waldman does something very interesting in this book and I;m still not sure how I feel about it, and for that I give her a bonus star for what was otherwise a pretty badly written story.LAOIP is about a lawyer named Emilia who falls madly, desperately in love with Jack, a nice Jewish lawyer who -whoops - happens to be married. Jack resists until he can't anymore and they end up together. Cliche.Interesting, not cliche aspects that I appreciated:1 - The

Oh, how I hated this book. I felt so sorry for the little boy, while thinking the whole time that pretty much all the adults needed to be shot out of a cannon into the sun.

Post a Comment

0 Comments