Search

Download The Subterraneans (Duluoz Legend) Books For Free Online

Mention Of Books The Subterraneans (Duluoz Legend)

Title:The Subterraneans (Duluoz Legend)
Author:Jack Kerouac
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 128 pages
Published:1994 by Grove Weidenfeld (first published 1958)
Categories:Fiction. Classics. Literature. Novels. American. 20th Century. The United States Of America
Download The Subterraneans (Duluoz Legend) Books For Free Online
The Subterraneans (Duluoz Legend) Paperback | Pages: 128 pages
Rating: 3.68 | 13108 Users | 512 Reviews

Ilustration To Books The Subterraneans (Duluoz Legend)

Jack Kerouac, one of the great voices of the Beat generation and author of the classic On the Road, here continues his peregrinations in postwar, underground San Francisco. "The subterraneans" come alive at night, travel along dark alleyways, and live in a world filled with paint, poetry, music, smoke, and sex. Simmering in the center of it all is the brief affair between Leo Percepied, a writer, and Mardou Fox, a black woman ten years younger. Just at the moment when she is coolly leaving him, Leo realizes his passion for passion, his inability to function without it, and the puzzling futility of seeking redemption and fulfillment through writing.

Itemize Books Supposing The Subterraneans (Duluoz Legend)

Original Title: The Subterraneans
ISBN: 0802131867 (ISBN13: 9780802131867)
Edition Language: English
Series: Duluoz Legend
Characters: Leo Percepied, Julian Alexander, Frank Carmody, Sam Vedder
Setting: San Francisco, California(United States)


Rating Of Books The Subterraneans (Duluoz Legend)
Ratings: 3.68 From 13108 Users | 512 Reviews

Assessment Of Books The Subterraneans (Duluoz Legend)
I was going to rise, do some typing and coffee drinking in the kitchen all day since at that time work, work was my dominant thought, not love- not the pain which impels me to write this even while I don't want to, the pain which won't be eased by writing of this but heightened, but which will be redeemed, and if only it were a dignified pain and could be placed somewhere other than this black gutter of shame and loss and noisemaking folly in the night...

A profoundly sad novel. I fall in and out of love with Kerouac's prose, but his story rips your heart out. It was recommended to me by a colleague who told me that this book is about "people who make decisions by not making any choices."

I am an admitted Kerouac fan and I think most people who read Kerouac begin and end with On the Road, which was of course groundbreaking in its day. I loved On the Road and have read it repeatedly on and off over decades. Subterraneans, however, sat on my shelf in the I'll-get-to-it pile. This book (more a novella than an novel)chronicles his affair with Mardou Fox (Alene Lee was her real name), a young black woman. While some have called it racist, and others misogynistic (the Beats weren't the

I am an admitted Kerouac fan and I think most people who read Kerouac begin and end with On the Road, which was of course groundbreaking in its day. I loved On the Road and have read it repeatedly on and off over decades. Subterraneans, however, sat on my shelf in the I'll-get-to-it pile. This book (more a novella than an novel)chronicles his affair with Mardou Fox (Alene Lee was her real name), a young black woman. While some have called it racist, and others misogynistic (the Beats weren't the

I really disliked this book at first. I thought Kerouac had gotten lazy and was just writing whatever the hell popped into his mind-- and he his. And that is what makes the novel has compelling as it is. Kerouac is doing stuff I haven't seen anyone do in American Lit, and Kerouac is just such a romantic and optimist that it is hard to hate the man. "The Subterraneans" is a book about a 3 month fling between Kerouac and a young black woman. Kerouac's writing is tender and moving; one gets the

I want to give it 2.5 stars, and am waiting for Goodreads to let me do that someday. I'll also admit that this was my first ever Kerouac, first ever Beat generation text, and first ever stream-of-consciousness text, and I'm sorry but I didn't get most of it, especially, the charm behind it all.When I went into it, I knew a few things. Kerouac is very popular, but is going to be difficult for me; this book isn't one of his most hyped ones; it's a break-up story. And with these few facts, I dived

Heres what I had forgotten about Ti Jean. The legend of Kerouac, promoted by the publication, highly edited for public consumption, of On the Road, in 1957, portrayed the Beats as upbeat, glorying in the joy of the road and of life lived on the edge. But that was bullshit. Already in 1951, when Kerouac finished his OWN draft, the single scroll, now finally published, in uncorrupted format, as The Original Scroll, Ti Jean was so thoroughly disillusioned and eye-full and awake to the sorrow of his

Post a Comment

0 Comments