Search

Download Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories #1) Free Audio Books

Itemize Books Supposing Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories #1)

Original Title: Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark: Collected from American Folklore
ISBN: 0590431978 (ISBN13: 9780590431972)
Edition Language: English
Series: Scary Stories #1
Literary Awards: Grand Canyon Reader Award (1987)
Download Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories #1) Free Audio Books
Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories #1) paperback | Pages: 111 pages
Rating: 4.06 | 52324 Users | 2635 Reviews

Identify Appertaining To Books Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories #1)

Title:Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories #1)
Author:Alvin Schwartz
Book Format:paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 111 pages
Published:October 1st 1989 by Scholastic, Inc. (first published October 14th 1981)
Categories:Horror. Short Stories. Fiction. Childrens. Young Adult. Middle Grade. Fantasy. Paranormal

Representaion Conducive To Books Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories #1)

This spooky addition to Alvin Schwartz's popular books on American folklore is filled with tales of eerie horror and dark revenge that will make you jump with fright. There is a story here for everyone—skeletons with torn and tangled flesh who roam the earth; a ghost who takes revenge on her murderer; and a haunted house where every night a bloody head falls down the chimney. Stephen Gammell's splendidly creepy drawings perfectly capture the mood of more than two dozen scary stories—and even scary songs—all just right for reading alone or for telling aloud in the dark. If You Dare!

Rating Appertaining To Books Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories #1)
Ratings: 4.06 From 52324 Users | 2635 Reviews

Write-Up Appertaining To Books Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories #1)
This is a very short horror anthology. The stories are basically folklores and urban legends that have been passed around for ages, which is why you might feel like you've heard (some of) them before - at least I did. The book is divided into five chapters, each comprising a handful of these stories with a common theme. There are also some notes about the origin or source of the stories. It took me about half an hour to finish this book which I think is great since I had to struggle so much with

The illustrations were the really scary part of these books. I remember being afraid to turn the page and look at the next one when I was a kid, peeling the next page over gradually like a Band-Aid. One pictured effed me up so badly I had to tape a piece of construction paper over it so I could flip through the book without having a heart attack.

I try to express only my most honest opinion in a spoiler free way. If you feel anything in my review is a spoiler and is not already hidden in spoiler brackets please let me know. Thank you.Cute book. It was a great book collection of scary stories for kids. I could see this as a great idea for a Halloween kids party, or around a campfire at night. Might even try something like that for my daughter and her friends now that they are getting around the age to enjoy it. How I choose my rating:1*

As scary stories go, they are only slightly. Sometimes they are funny, or just weird, or sad. Except the one about Harold the Scarecrow. God, that one is terrifying. Oh and the spiders hatching from your face.But the illustrations... The illustrations in this book are good old-fashioned nightmare fuel. I really don't know what they were thinking.I mean, what were they thinking?Facebook 30 Day Book Challenge Day 8: Book that scares you.

3.5 starsThis book is aimed for childrenA gateway to horror and scary stories Easy read Appealing

You go to a bookstore or a bookstore online or you go to Amazon and buy it there. This site doesnt encourage piracy.

Confession time: I was a scared kid growing up. And I mean fucking terrified. My imagination was fertile, and it tended to grow dark twisted things with thorns that were poisonous to my thoughts, vines of blackened fish-hooks that would creep over me like ivy and ensnare my mind, body, and soul. My early encounters with anything of the 'horror' variety would take on a life of it's own, finding a nest in my kid brain where it could grow into something much more monstrous. Thinking back to my

Post a Comment

0 Comments