Search

Download Books The Composer is Dead Online Free

List Appertaining To Books The Composer is Dead

Title:The Composer is Dead
Author:Lemony Snicket
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 40 pages
Published:May 1st 2009 by HarperCollins - AU (first published March 3rd 2009)
Categories:Childrens. Picture Books. Music. Mystery. Humor. Fiction
Download Books The Composer is Dead  Online Free
The Composer is Dead Hardcover | Pages: 40 pages
Rating: 4.17 | 2505 Users | 456 Reviews

Rendition Supposing Books The Composer is Dead

There's dreadful news from the symphony hall—the composer is dead! If you have ever heard an orchestra play, then you know that musicians are most certainly guilty of something. Where exactly were the violins on the night in question? Did anyone see the harp? Is the trumpet protesting a bit too boisterously? In this perplexing murder mystery, everyone seems to have a motive, everyone has an alibi, and nearly everyone is a musical instrument. But the composer is still dead. Perhaps you can solve the crime yourself. Join the Inspector as he interrogates all the unusual suspects. Then listen to the accompanying audio recording featuring Lemony Snicket and the music of Nathaniel Stookey performed by the San Francisco Symphony. Hear for yourself exactly what took place on that fateful, well-orchestrated evening.

Declare Books Toward The Composer is Dead

Original Title: The Composer Is Dead
ISBN: 0061236276 (ISBN13: 9780061236273)
Edition Language: English

Rating Appertaining To Books The Composer is Dead
Ratings: 4.17 From 2505 Users | 456 Reviews

Column Appertaining To Books The Composer is Dead
Broke out the CD player for this one. I thought it was mostly clever. But it was confusing (at the end) to my daughter, who is 11, despite her love of everything Lemony Snicket. My favorite part is when the narrator calls out the names of dead composers. The CD did make it fun... and suspenseful.

As a rule, I don't include picture books in my yearly tally unless they're for The Newbery Project or teaching, but I'm making an exception here because this was SO MUCH FUN. It had me grinning the whole time.

The composer is dead, and the Inspector is determined to find the guilty party in this hilariously clever look at the symphony, and the world of classical music performance. As he interviews each of the instruments, or orchestral sections, he discovers that everybody has a plausible alibi. But the composer is definitely dead, so someone must have killed him...With tongue firmly in cheek, popular children's author Lemony Snicket offers an entertaining picture-book tribute to the murder mystery

This is so cute and so funny and very creative. It reminds me of the Peter and the Wolf recording I had as a preschooler, where I learned all the instruments and began my lifelong love of the oboe. But this story is so much better. There is a hardcover edition of a picture book that takes about 30 minutes to read and view because of the included CD. The CD pretty much reads the story on the pages and has some extra words and slight deviations from the printed page. Really, I dont recommend one

As a rule, I don't include picture books in my yearly tally unless they're for The Newbery Project or teaching, but I'm making an exception here because this was SO MUCH FUN. It had me grinning the whole time.

Well, this is the perfect book to introduce children to the musical world. It tells you all about the different instruments that compose an orchestra, and since it has a CD, you can also hear them out, one by one, and then as a whole ensemble. It's really good, although for me as an adult it was rather slow. I have a lot of problems following audio books because I'm easily distracted, so it didn't really help me. But I see how great this can be for younger kids. And the story is fantastic!

Originally posted at Libri Ago.★★★★★★★*The moment I saw Lemony Snicket's name on the cover of The Composer Is Dead at the library the other day, I knew I had to read it. I knew it would be funny; what I wasn't expecting was this musical masterpiece.The story is somewhat basic: a composer has been murdered, and the detective must sound out the man, er, instrument who committed the crime. The text, however, isn't what makes this book so amazing.This isn't just a picture book, nor is it just an

Post a Comment

0 Comments